Water treatment (Bio UV) is the safest method for disinfecting water to be used for human consumption. Treatment by ultraviolet light does not involve any chemical; it is natural, direct and radical
The BIO-UV system:
- Treats water originating from natural sources (wells, boreholes, intakes, etc.).
- Makes tap water safe to drink after disinfection using active carbon.
- Recycles rain water for domestic use (under conditions).
The BIO-UV Sanitization kit is equipped with 3 FILTERS and a UV Systems:
- Washable Screen Filter – 60 Microns: Removal of suspended matter more than 60 microns
- Cartridge Filter – 10 Microns: Removal of suspended matter more than 10 microns
- Carbon filter – Removal of odour, organic chemicals and bad taste
- UV Reactor – Destroy bacteria and virus.
Advantages of the Bio-UV Water Treatment Kit:
- Easy to maintain.
- Does not modify the water ph.
- No risks of overdosing and under-dosing; thus not harmful to human
- No chemical products
BIO-UV reactors ensure that water complies with bacteriological quality limits and complies with the Ministry of Health and Drinking Water Standards by the Mauritian Authority.
The working principle of the UV Systems
• The sun emits invisible light: Ultra violet Light. This natural phenomenon is reproduced inside the BIO-UV kit through the powerful lamps.
• The UV rays penetrate the cells of germs and disturb their metabolism until they are destroyed.
• Effective Dose: The reactors in the BIO-UV ranges are dimensioned according to the pump flow rate, as it is the combination of the contact time in the reactor and the Power of the lamp(s) that will ensure that the necessary dose sufficient to kill 99.9% of the micro-organisms.