The Duraco Solar Water Heaters are made from the latest thermal technology known as Vacuum Tubes or Heat Pipes. The solar unit consists of a solar collector and a hot water storage tank. They have been designed and built to suit weather conditions similar to those prevailing in Mauritius. Though a tropical island, the weather in Mauritius, due to its topography, is often subject to micro-climatic conditions which can vary considerably from one geographical region to the other. Our range of Solar Water Heaters have thus been selected to face these diverse weather conditions so as to continuously ensure hot water supply to your house.
The use of a solar water heater is one of the most cost effective way of using renewable energies and minimizes the impact of fossil fuels on our environment.
Using a solar water heater to heat your domestic water for one year, can save:
Duraco Solar Water Heater
The warranty is applicable to your DURACO solar hot water system (hereafter called the solar
system) and is as follows:
• Tubes and Heat Pipes: 180 months from the date of installation – Free replacement of failed tubes and heat pipes (Transport and Labour will be charged to owner)
• Manifold and frame: 180 months from date of installation – Free replacement of defective manifold and frame (Transport and Labour will be charged to owner)
• Solar Water Tank: 96 months from date of installation – (Transport and Labour will be charged to owner)
• Electric booster: 36 months from date of installation – (Transport and Labour will be charged to owner)
• Assistant tank & Float Valve: 12 months from date of installation (Transport & Labour will be charged to owner)
The company’s obligation under this warranty is limited to repair or replacement of any part, or parts, of the solar system, at the option of the company
This warranty does not cover misuse, accident or failure from faulty installation, harsh or adverse water conditions or from attempts to repair the system by other than DURACO
accredited technician or service agent.
The warranty only applies to the solar system and does not cover any plumbing or electrical parts such as pressure and temperature relief valves, air valve, float valve, stop cocks, non return valve, electrical switches, pumps, fuses and others.
- Where the non-pressure solar system has been connected directly to a pressure supply (such as the water authority main pressure line, pressure pump etc..) and not to an open circuit header tank as is the correct installation procedure.
- Accidental damage, acts of God (cyclonic weather), failure due to misuse incorrect installation, attempts to repair the system by other than DURACO accredited technician or service agent
- Where it is found that the system does not suffer any defect, where there is no flow of hot water due to a faulty plumbing installation and not of the system or components, where there is a failure of water supplies
- Subject to any statutory provisions to contrary claims for damage to furniture, carpets, walls, foundation, or any other consequential loss either directly or indirectly due to leakage from the system
- Where the solar system has been installed and / or operated without the solar system being filled with water
- Where the damage has been caused by an inflow of cold water into the system through the hot water pipe
- Where the unit has been moved without the company’s prior approval
- No warranty on the vacuum tubes (except manufacturing defect)
VERY IMPORTANT – When using electric booster
For safety precaution, make sure that electric booster is switched off before using hot water
All water connections from main supply to the cold-water inlet and from the hot water outlet